Thursday, October 4, 2012

What should I wear for pictures?

I get asked constantly what people should wear to have their pictures taken. And I get it...I really do. When I had a few family pictures taken last year, I had like 6 outfits laying on our bed, and at the last minute I changed my mind COMPLETELY. I mean, completely. Like went from wearing grey to yellow then back to purple. So here's my thoughts and a few links to good ideas.

Picking your Colors

I always tell my clients to pick 3 colors and pick one for each. Like, if you are a family of three, pick an outfit for your child, probably a pattern, and chose a shirt for you and your husband from the patten. And bright colors are best! Here is an example: 



OR, three bright colors can be a great choice. Here is an example:


An accent color never hurts. Make it something fun, too. Maybe a pop of yellow in the mom's scarf and the daughter's bow. Or have your daughter wear her cute red shoes that match your husband's shirt. I like to have the accent on more than one person. 

Best thing to do is go to Old Navy, or your closet, and lay it all out on your bed. Visualize what it will look like.

Links to Other Ideas

1. This link is my favorite I have found. So many great ideas!
The only thing I would add to this is maybe add more patterns. 

2. Here is another one with a few good ideas. 
The only thing I would change is the first two pictures, I would add an accent. They are a little dull. Maybe add a purple pop. Or orange. 

3. This one is good, too. And she says "coordinate, don't match!" Which is very true. 

UPDATE: 
4. This one is great, too!





Examples
I will leave you with some more examples!


Mixture of patters with bright, fun colors. LOVE!


Fun! Lots of pink, and patterns mixed with solids. 


LOVE this navy and yellow with a little white. And I love the pattern combination!

I love this picture so much! And the colors are so fun. The pop of the coral necklace coordinates the Mom's outfit perfectly with her family.

These colors were perfect for Fall. The son's outfit coordinates perfectly with the adults. Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment